Fixing Windows Installer Coordinator Bug in Server 2008 R2
Today I had to install the Java SE Development Kit 7u11 on a Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 box to get Eclipse working and ran into a rather frustrating problem in which a Windows Installer Coordinator dialog box popped up and stayed there indefinitely with the message “Please wait while the application is preparing for the first use” and a marquee progress bar.
If you want to get past this, first thing’s first: cancel it, as it’s not going to go anywhere.
After stopping the install open up your registry and find the following DWORD value:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Terminal Services\TSAppSrv\TSMSI\Enable
Some of the keys in the path may not exist, if you run into any that don’t exist just create them. Once you have found the Enable DWORD value, make sure it is set to 0.
Now start the JDK installer up again and you should be able to install with no problems!
Got anything to say? Go ahead and leave a comment!
- int0x90 on Fixing Crash After Cut Scene in Hitman Absolution
- sam on Fixing Crash After Cut Scene in Hitman Absolution
- int0x90 on Disable Shortcuts in WebBrowser Control and keep Copy and Paste
- Olivier Jaquemet on Disable Shortcuts in WebBrowser Control and keep Copy and Paste
- ponix on Kid Teaches How to Use Tracert – Fail!